Monday, December 5, 2011

Music for Relaxation & Kiwi-Challenge

I love working whilst listening to music! It helps me concentrate on the work or the studying, but often it has a negative effect. I may get disorientated from my work, and all the distractions will suddenly seem a lot more attracting, like going to get a snack, or go on YouTube, ect. 
What kind of music helps? What kind of music does not?
To be totally honest, this is again something that depends on you. It's all in your personality and the way you work. To make an example of myself; I am extremely lazy when it comes to studying, and that has been seen in my grades throughout the years. However, when I turned away from rap and hip hop, my concentration improved greatly. I cannot explain the reason for that... I'm still trying to find out why. 
After searching a little bit on YouTube, I found out two artists; Yanni, the world-renowned composer, of whom I've made brief mentions before, and Jervy Hou, another artist I've talked about.


Now, what I noticed, was that Orchestra type music, represented by both Yanni and Jervy Hou, is extremely relaxing and entrancing. What I also realized, was that this entrancing effect could be harnessed. As I fell into a state of relaxation, studying became somehow easier, the phrases made sense. I even could translate 5,000 word essays assigned to me by part-time employer, without any stress radiating from me whatsoever. 


After realizing the power of their music, I wanted to hear more. Well, I did find more music. Unfortunately, it was so "epic" that I was totally distracted of my work. Example: ThePianoGuys. If you can concentrate in your work while listening to these magicians, I bow and lift my hat off to you! 


I challenge you to try it! 


What kind of music relaxes you? Any songs in specific? Also, tell me how you managed with the "Kiwi-challenge"!



No comments:

Post a Comment